BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, November 23, 2009

The Addiction

Although this is slightly irrelevant from most of the topics I've discussed here, I've decided to talk about it, anyway.  My life has been consumed by it lately, because despite my efforts in job hunting and trying to find a life again, neither has happened quite yet.  Plus I'm completely enthralled in reading The Twilight Saga again (I'm in the middle of Eclipse, currently) and also trying to go see New Moon again this week.  However- onto the subject.

I am on Facebook.  I keep in contact mainly with people I know in person and my family through this networking site.  When I first joined I had no interest, really.  Most of my college friends told me to join, and I did.  Now though, I find myself logging on everyday, several times, and often spending more than an hour at a time on it.  And not just for networking.  I'm addicted to Farmville.

Yes, you read that right.  Farmville.  It is an application on Facebook that allows you to create your own farm, grow crops, and raise animals.  I never thought in a million years I would join such a game, but it has come to this.  I'm obsessed (may be too strong of a word but it seems suitable currently) with getting to a higher level, more neighbors, and the nicest farm of them all!  Not only that, but I've gotten Chris addicted, too, which has us fighting for time on the computer since we still haven't bought another wireless router for my laptop.  It is quite pathetic.

Today I found myself accepting friend requests based solely on the purpose of getting more neighbors.  Shirley and Ron are fellow addicts, and don't care that I live in Arizona, while they reside in New Jersey.  None of us cares that we've never spoken or met, which was my restriction for adding friends on Facebook- I need to know you.  That has gone out the window.

I may have to start my own FAA- Farmville Addicts Anonymous- just so I can get help once it has completely taken over my life.  For now, I must end this blog because I have to go harvest my Ghost Chilies before they wither. 

8 ghetto sass:

Tina Lynn said...

Ah...I have been there. Sadly, I abandoned the farm. It had taken over my life. It was so big I had to hire people to harvest and plow, and sometimes they would leave before the job was done, because it was just so much! Good luck with that addiction. And...stay away from Mafia Wars. It's worse!

Karilynnlove said...

I too am fighting a facebook addiction...my guilty pleasure is Vampire Wars application, I refuse to start a Farmville for fear that it will take over my life! lol

Anonymous said...

i just recently got over my farmtown obsession.
it's so lonely now, no crops, barely any visitors.
and i did the same as you, accepting complete strangers, except mine were from across the world, haha.
I actually didnt go on there for so long that my crops died, then when unplowed over, they grew back! im not actually sure how that happened. >.<
xx

AngeliStarr said...

I have a friend on twitter whose uncle is obsessed with Mafia wars and only adds friends for that purpose! THe man has 1300+ friends where 20 are actually people he knows. LOL

Nicolette said...

It is ridiculous! I know once the addiction is over I will delete everyone I don't know, but right now, I'm so focused on leveling up that laundry and dishes only come AFTER I've done all my farming. lol.

Dawn said...

I laughed when I read this. You? You addicted to Farmville? My goodness. :) I, too, am on Facebook, but have never played the game (I don't want to run the risk). ;) I have, however, been addicted to other video games in the past, so I know the feeling and sympathize. You're certainly not the only one addicted!!

Roxane said...

Farmville claims one more victim! sad sad sad!

Anonymous said...

Ha ha! FB is so addicting! I have been on since 2005 so I am sort of over the whole craze, but now that they have opened it up to everyone people are all over it. I do not play Farmville, but I know that lots of my co workers were totally addicted to it. I myself like to play a game called Diner Dash. I am not sure if it is on FB, but I have it installed to my computer. I have not played in a while though.