BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Because I'm An Idiot

A couple blogs back I was nominated for the Kreativ Blogger Award by Stephanie and although I was flattered, I didn't realize this meant I was supposed to follow the rules!  (Or maybe I'm not, but ya know what?  I'm doing it anyway because I was following someone else's blog and that's what she did and so I felt dumb.  I'm doing it.)

The Rules:


1. Thank the person who nominated you for this award.
2. Copy the logo and place it on your blog.
3. Link to the person who nominated you for this award.
4. Name 7 things about yourself that people might find interesting. (see below)
5. Nominate 7 Kreativ Bloggers.
6. Post links to the 7 blogs you nominate.
7. Leave a comment on each of the blogs letting them know they have been nominated.


I already thanked Steph, but THANK YOU again.  :)  You're my hero, fo rizzle, my gizzle (that means, I'm serious, girl). 

The logo:

WOOT!

Seven Things You May Find Interesting (But Are Old News To Most):
1)  I was captain of my cheerleading squad in high school.  You wouldn't believe this if you knew me in person, donned in my tattoos and piercings and crazy hair.  But it's true.

2)  I can walk on my toes.  I mean, I can curl my toes and walk on them.  I've been doing it since I was little, and I still walk around on my tippy toes to this day when I walk on hardwood floors or linoleum.  I don't know why.

3)  I learned to use a computer when I was just four years old.  My dad has been a computer nerd since the beginning of PCs, and I've been a whiz on them ever since.

4)  I'm deathly allergic to dwarf hamsters.  Apparently they have a protein in their saliva that only like, 2% of the world is allergic to, and I'm part of that 2%.  I learned the hard way.

5)  Despite disliking most country, I like singing along to Dixie Chicks, Miranda Lambert, and The Wreckers.  Jewel falls into the category too, and she went country on her last album.  And I love her.  I mostly sing in the shower, and very loudly.

6)  I got to meet Jeff Daniels when I worked at Staples in 2005.  I didn't even recognize him until he handed me his ID for his credit card.  He looked pretty shabby at the time.

7)  I'm still best friends with my first kiss (I was five).

And the 7 blogs I nominate are as follows (I'll do my best with what I have!):

Roxane @ It Really Is All About Me
Dawn @ For The Love of...Eloquence
Bachelors @ Confessions From A Mormon Bachelor Pad
Beth @ Capturing my Creativity
Mondo @ No Telling
'Ree @ A 'Ree of Sunshine
That Chick @ Bird With A French Fry

And with that, I'm doing one more thing:
Thanks to the many that make this possible:
My boyfriend, lying beside me, awake at 3:19 AM, when he has to work, because he doesn't bitch when I'm up all night.

My rabbits, for continually pushing my limits by chewing on wires, furniture, and clothing instead of the toys I give them, peeing on the couch and disrupting my creative process, and making me feel bad when I yell at them just by hunkering down beside the couch and looking cute. 

And my readers, because without you, I am merely another unread author waiting to be discovered, picking her nose and scratching her head.

GOODNIGHT!

4 ghetto sass:

Stephanie Faris said...

Well, you don't HAVE to follow the rules but I always love getting new blogs to read and that's what these things do!

Susan R. Mills said...

Congrats on the award, and like Stephanie said. You don't have to follow the rules. Sometimes I do; sometimes I don't.

Dawn said...

I enjoyed reading about you! Thanks so much for nominating me!!

Roxane said...

I would never expect you to follow the rules ;) sorry to hear about your crippling allergy to furry rodents. That sounds awful. And of course, thanks for the nomination.