BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, October 19, 2009

I'm Doing It

Again, sorry for the lack of updates.  Things are hectic.  Why?  Because.  Chris and I are officially done.  And I'm either moving out this weekend, or next.  Where to?  Colorado.

Yes ma'ams and sirs, I am leaving this pavement paradise of Phoenix and heading to the Rockies.  I got an offer from a friend to go stay with her and find work there and start over, and get away from all the crappy memories I have here in Arizona.

I reconnected with my dad over the weekend, and I don't know how I feel about it all.  He has always made me feel very inferior and worthless.  He's constantly telling me how I need to stop blaming other people for my problems.  Um...I didn't know I blamed anyone for my problems, but okay, Dad.  My heart is broken and that's all you have to say?

Chris left the entire weekend.  I don't know where he went.  He still hasn't come home, except to pick up clean clothes for work last night.  He was here for all of ten minutes then left.  Again.  And I sat in my room, watching my seasons of The O.C. on DVD all night, drinking rum and Cokes because, well, I was wallowing.  ...Wallowing.  What a weird ass word.

Today though, is a new day.  Although my heart hurts and I get sporatic spurts of tears still, I'm hoping that this is a message from God to me, saying, "Here is your chance to get out of Phoenix."  Even if it means leaving behind Chris.

But, let me just say this-

He is a good guy.  He is just confused and he knows he doesn't want to move away from Phoenix, like I do.  He didn't see any point in staying with me when he knows I'm going to be moving away eventually, with or without him.  Who knows if that would have actually happened.  Maybe I would have changed my mind for him a year from now, and decided my home is where he is.  But now we'll never know.  I feel heartsick and devastated by this, and Lord knows my sheets probably need to be washed because of all the snot on them.  I'll always love Chris; I still do.  I can't say that enough.  I love him, probably more than I've loved any of my past ex's, including the fiance.  He opened up my mind to new things and showed me how I should be treated (before this last month), and he stood by my side through most of the trials we went through.  He didn't mind my craziness, and he chose to be with me even when it meant giving up his loser brother and old pothead, party crazy friends.  He chose me for a whole year, even though he was young and had every right to live like a boy before he has to become an adult with responsibilities.  I'll always remember the good times.

Anyhow...I gotta start job hunting and packing and figuring out what I'm taking and what I'm leaving.  The buns are coming with me.  I'm not sure how they'll handle 12 hours in a car.  But...I'm sure we'll be able to let them out along the way.

On to the long, hard road...

14 ghetto sass:

John said...

You typed 'we'll' are you going alone or are you taking him with you? Maybe I just don't follow you that closely. Anyway Colorado is a beautiful place. One day I'll retire there.

God Speed.

Lisa said...

Aww my heart just broke for you! I wish I could give you a hug...but I think there are amazing things on your horizon. Sometimes it's kind of like one world has to be wrecked in order to move on to a new one, as much as it sucks. I'll be thinking of you!

Susan R. Mills said...

I think you are doing the right thing. Chris is causing you nothing but grief. I'm glad to hear you are moving on. I'm thinking about you.

Karilynnlove said...

I agree with Lisa! Life has a way of needing to completely screw everything up and throw it out of wack to become better!
Good Luck with everything and keep looking forward!

Tina Lynn said...

I'm sorry that your heart is broken, but...the heart is a muscle and we all know what happens when we break (tear) a muscle. It repairs itself and grows larger and stronger in the process. So think of it as exercise for your heart. You will emerge stronger and better prepared for your next romance. Feel better.

Melanie's Randomness said...

I wish you all the luck with the move & the job hunting & a cyber hug about chris. You got direction girl, it shines through in your words. Best wishes.

Kell said...

I hope things go well for you on the move- and I know you'll do great things in Colorado :)
Your future looks bright! Always remember that.

Stephanie Faris said...

I'm so happy for you. I know this is a new beginning, a step in the right direction. You'll look back on this a year from now and realize it was all for the best...it's just hard to see that now.

Anonymous said...

Girl i love you and i am here for you always no matter what you need. you can get through this and i iwll help you just like you did me. Colorado will be fun and something new.

I have nothing to declare but my genius said...

Hi, this is the first time I have read your blog - and must say I am amazed at how honest and open you are - what a fantastic characteristic you hold. Recently I have been through the same and you may now feel as if the world is raining cold, depressing drops upon you but I know that the rain doesn't last forever and flakes of golden, encouraging sunshine will soon fall on your head. Chin up.

Organic Meatbag said...

Good luck with the big move...there's nothing harder than having to start all over, but maybe it is a good omen...

N J said...

Heartfelt post NT! I can empathize with you. I understand the situation through this post. Take care 'n' Hugs!

Stephanie Faris said...

There's an award for you on my blog today:

http://stephie5741.blogspot.com/2009/10/and-award-goes-toyou.html

Nicolette said...

Okay, it has been a long ass time since I've been on here, but THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR BEING PATIENT AND LOVING ME!!!

You have no much how means this to me!!