BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, August 27, 2009

Behind The Idea

This picture inspired the idea for the novel I'm working on right now.  I love when this happens.  I'm drawn to mysterious and "deep" photos.  I love dark clouds and water and old houses and beaches.  I've been waiting for the day I can afford a great camera to go out and capture pictures of my own to use as my story starters.

Does anyone else have a photo that has inspired them to write a story, or just a blog?

A Shimmy In My Spirit posted a few wonderful photos that could inspire some great ideas for a novel.  I might even take it upon myself to do just that.

4 ghetto sass:

Stephanie Faris said...

That is a very inspiring photo. I haven't been inspired by a photo yet...but it sounds like an intriguing idea. I'll be on the lookout!

Dawn said...

That is a wonderful photo. Beautiful and stunning. It looks like the place a character/person would go to contemplate life, release aggression, or exhibit a climatic turn in his or her life.

Mostly when I see photos, I am inspired to try my own. When I read stories, I want to write my own. I love finding certain descriptions or forms of writing and like to think that I could maybe do the same thing.

It's like the authors you hate. You know, the ones that are just so good that you...hate them? :)

Chad said...

I go the opposite way. I am trying to find the pictures that fit the story I am trying to tell.

Mind you, the stories at this time are just for my blog. I haven't disciplined myself to do what you do. Despite the desire and encouragement. Unfocused, I call it.

Nicolette said...

Oh yes, yes, Chad. It takes LOTS of discipline...As a matter of fact, as soon as I am done watching this episode of Weeds, drinking my cappucino, playing with my little furball bunnies, and eating a few cookies, I may get back on the disciplined track. :) It just takes a creative mind and a little effort to start a story. The discipline comes after- when you have to refrain from bragging about how much you wrote that day.

Stephanie, you must try this. I think that especially in the romance genre, a picture could say a thousand words.

And I wish I could go out and take my own! It does make me want to go find a beach and create a storm of my own to photograph. I do sometimes find myself jealous of my favorite artists...but without them, I'd have no guidance. :)