BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, September 26, 2009

Series of Unfortunate Ex's Pt. I

Right now, I am having a serious problem.  Why is this?

I have conflicts coming from all sides, and it's becoming a disaster.

In April, I had an ex-boyfriend contact me.  Wait, let me edit that- TWO ex-boyfriends.  :-/  It was a pretty stressful month, to say the least.  I don't have feelings for either of them, anymore, I will admit honestly.  However, it still made me think way too hard for my own good.

This blog is about R.

I dated R for a whole six months or so when I was in like, SIXTH or SEVENTH grade.  The only reason this even affected me at all was because 1) he contacted me out of nowhere and 2) in my 9th grade year he made changing schools a living hell.

I started 'going out' with him in 6th grade.  It was completely harmless.  Well, sort of.  He lived across the street from my cousin at the time, and I spent a lot of time at my cousin's.  Even though I had known him for most of my life, he suddenly became that "object of obsession" and I had a crush on him.  My cousin and I started talking on the phone constantly and we couldn't get enough of him.

I began "dating" him in February, 1998 (if you could even call it dating).  He gave me a necklace with a heart, lock, and key on it, as a token of his affection.  I lost said necklace in the lake that same summer (this makes me laugh currently because, really, this jewelry lasted as long as we did).  We broke up before my eighth grade year.  I didn't lose sleep over it. 

When my mom decided to move the summer before my ninth grade year, I was heartbroken.  NOT.  I was the nerd of my class and had no friends.  I was excited at the opportunity to meet new people and maybe be popular.  That never happened, by the way.  The summer before I moved I met D through R, and we became friends.  I spent all summer talking to him on the phone.  At one point, during the middle of our move, our phone got turned off, and I rode two miles to the nearest party store (aka gas and fishing store) to give him a call.  It was sweet.  D and I fell in love.  I think.  These things are always so complicated when you're fourteen.

Anyhow, I moved to a different school.  On my first day of freshman year, I walked through the doors, looking as fresh and skilled (otherwise seen as vulnerable and weak) as any other freshman.  There was R.  He looked at me, stared at me in amazement, and started laughing in disbelief.  Literally.  He laughed and it was a nervous laugh.  Here was the girl he had passed off to one of his best friends, because he didn't want her, but I was maturing, and he couldn't believe I wasn't his.  (I am LOL-ing to myself, because I remember this SO well.)

R and I didn't talk much our high school years, except to exchange the occasional, "I want you," look.  Yes, R was good-looking.  Even better than my boyfriend at the time, who had suddenly stopped being friends with him.  I don't blame him; his girlfriend had a past relationship with him and I would, too, if I were with him.

But, at the end of my tenth grade year, I had troubles with D.  It's kind of personal and a long story, but it wasn't working out, and I started to hang out with R and my brother in my spare time, instead of going to D's house.  It ended in disaster.  I was meeting up with R, just to talk, rather than hanging out with D.  I've never cheated, mind you. I was still deceiving D, though.  It caught up to me, eventually.  D knew I was hanging out with R, and things were rough for a minute.  Eventually, several months down the way, I came to the conclusion I had to end things with both, and that is what happened.

Until this past April.

I got a text.  "How are you?"

I wasn't sure what to say to this unknown number.  "Not much.  Who is this?"

At the time, I figured it was my first love and kiss, Chris B., whom I am still good friends with.  And when I asked this and they replied, "You're first crush," Chris B. was the only one that came to mind!  So I said, "Chris, did you change your number again?"  It was automatic.

Except, the response I expected wasn't.  I received a reply back.

"Who is Chris?  I am jealous!  This is R."

I suddenly felt my heart drop and wanted to die.  What was R doing contacting me, after eight years of no contact?  I ran into him ONCE in those eight years, at a gas station, and when he saw me, he said, "Oh shit," and got in his truck and drove away.  So, why was he contacting me now, after so many years?

That was in April.  It was really weird, at first, but I let it go.  He seemed to be apologetic for everything he had done, and just wanted to be my friend.  I forgave him, but as soon as he did, it seemed the past came up to bite me in the ass, and he was asking me if I would give him another chance and move back to Michigan to be with him!

WE WERE TOGETHER WHEN I WAS 13!  Gimme a break...Some of you are laughing.  I know I was laughing (until I took a shot of Jack).  This is a 27 year old man we are talking about, though.  He really wanted me to move back.  He offered to buy me a car, pay for me to move back, AND support me when I moved there!  WTH was he thinking?!

This is just the first thing to confuse me.  Chris and I have lived happily so far.  These minor infractions have caused little to no damage, but I'm afraid they will, eventually.  R was only the first in the series of ex's to contact me.  Part II is coming up.

8 ghetto sass:

Anonymous said...

Why do people always resurface like that - when you are no longer really thinking about them? I hate that girl. Yeah, that is a bit weird. Idk. What are you going to do?

AngeliStarr said...

Ha! this reminds me of my ex this last month hitting me up to tell me he still had feelings for me and that he was sorry about our relationship, apologizing for everything. I blogged about it because I was shocked. still kind of am. Anywho, its like wth are you doing? just being weird is the only answer i could come up with to describe the situation. smh! guys. i will never understand.

Susan R. Mills said...

The first half of your story is exactly why I write YA. It is so exciting, good or bad. I feel your pain, though. I had an ex boyfriend call my dad looking for me a couple of years ago. Keep in mind, I had already been married for 13 years and had three kids at the time. Why was he looking for me after all those years? My dad asked if he should give him my number, and I said, "ARE YOU CRAZY!" Nothing good can come of it, especially for your current relationship. Good luck.

Nicolette said...

Ugh....The worst part was that Chris didn't even know about it all but it STILL caused shit, and it is again, because that same ex came back AGAIN! :(

WTH for real!

Stupid stupid boys.

Karilynnlove said...

Oh how I hate when the past shows up!! I can't even tell you how much this hits home! Looking forward to Pt. 2!

Amy said...

Dang thats kinda annoying. I saw an ex a couple months ago at the movies. It wasn't too bad. It had been about 2 years since we dated. We just chatted a little. The problem is, he cheated on me, and it hurt me pretty darn bad when I found out. But I got over it. While we were talking, he sort implied that he wanted to hang with me and my friend at the movies that day, and I just thought, hell to the no asshole.

I wanna read more! When's part 2 coming out?! :]

Stephanie Faris said...

I've never had anyone resurface like that but there are only a couple of exes I didn't part on friendly terms with...and only one or two that would throw me for a loop if they contacted me now. Okay, only one, and he's married now. His wedding photo is online. THAT is a lovely thing to stumble upon, believe me!

Manju said...

ackkk that must be so annoying for you. i hate it when ppl you don't want to see turn up unexpectedly like that