BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, October 10, 2009

Just A Night In

I want to start out by saying a loud THANK YOU to Lisa at The Blonde Blogette for nominating ME for an award!  Woo hoo!!!  It represents the friendships we start in networking through blogs, and I just want to say that I'm glad to have received this because-

I've made more girl friends on here in the last couple months than I have in life in 24 years.  Seriously.  I love ALL of you!!  I cherish the friendships we build through comments and reading each other's blogs.  It's almost like I really know you guys sometimes, and for that, I'm thankful.  Otherwise, I might go insane at some points in time.  Again, thanks Lisa!



I'm usually the type to pick and choose who I nominate; however this time, I'm nominating all of my followers because otherwise I wouldn't be here.  Thanks, guys.  You mean the WORLD to me!

OKAY, onto other things...

I had a pretty boring day.  Per usual.  HOWEVER!  I did get a response from an employer that I submitted my resume to requesting more information after I sent it in.  So I'm sort of excited.  It's just a receptionist for a dental office, but that's WAY better than where I'm at right now.  I have to work tomorrow, and I'm sort of dreading it because...I just don't like working there anymore.  :(  I never thought I would say that.  But after finding out they totally overlooked me, hired someone without even talking to me about the position, and now expect me to work all of the crappy hours (i.e. closing!), I'm just fed up.  Chris said he wouldn't even bother going in for my four hour shift tomorrow.  I really don't want to, but I need to leave on good terms if I'm going to.  It's the one job I have credentials with here in Phoenix that reach beyond just a temporary position.  I can already tell tomorrow is going to suck, though.  Ugh.

I've been on a bunny binge lately.  I'm a rabbit-aholic, you could say.  I don't know why, but looking at pictures of cute rabbits just makes me grin from ear to ear and it always cheers me up.  I had a pretty rotten day yesterday and cried almost the entire morning (just stress) but then after Chris got home I got online finally and there was a new post from lolbunnies and I just started going through all the pictures.  THEY'RE JUST RIDICULOUSLY CUTE. 



Tell me, you don't want one.  Really.  Even if it is just to squeeze and love and kiss and cuddle for a day.  You want one.  I adopted my two bunnies Cooper and Beauty.  I picked Beauty, because she was the oldest rabbit at the Humane Society.  She then chose Cooper.  So, I didn't raise them from babies.  I don't really believe in buying baby bunnies...Same for dogs and cats.  Why pay for animals when there are so many that need to be rescued?  Those ASPCA commercials make me cry every damn time.  I can't help it.  I want to go and adopt all of them.  In fact, my ex and I once talked about opening up a shelter where we used to live in Michigan just for small pets and birds because there wasn't one in our area.  Of course it didn't happen, but I would LOVE to do that.  I'm really only allergic to cats, horses, and hamsters, so I think I could do it.  I'd just need a place to start.  Anywho, Chris got home tonight and I showed him this place I found online:  Bunspace.com.  Yes, you read that right.  It is a networking site for none other than: THE MOST ADORABLE FURBALLS TO EVER HOP THE EARTH.  And I joined it for my own buns.  It's kinda ridiculous but cute.  I scrolled through pictures and laughed and then saw the Rainbow Bridge page, which is for bunnies who have passed on- and it made me sad.  I then looked at the adoptables page and got to thinking about how I wanted to adopt another rabbit when I can afford it and give it a good home.

At first, when I kept saying, "Oh you want one of these!  I know it!" he just shook his head and said, "No."  Several times, in fact.  Then, I showed him this rabbit that is in the shelter twenty miles from us, and read the description, he didn't say no.

His name is Mr. O'Reilley.  He is 9 years old, and his owner passed away and he lost his home.  So now he is in this shelter, and needs a good home.  This breaks my heart.  The whole reason I chose Beauty is because she is almost 6 and I couldn't stand it if she just sat there, waiting for someone to adopt her.  Let's face it- most people don't want a 6 year old rabbit.  People want cute baby bunnies.  And that is sad.  So it really broke my heart to know this 9 year old rabbit may die in a shelter and without real love and attention.

CHRIS AGREED that we could adopt him.  I couldn't believe it.  We have space for another rabbit.  We have an empty spare room to put them in.  They'd even have their own bathroom (haha).  The older rabbit would just need his own cage.  He is a special needs rabbit (because of his age and an ear that apparently has acute infections), and I'm up for taking care of him.  Earlier in the summer Cooper developed an eye cold and it was oozing and watering a lot so we took him to the vet, where they gave us medicine for it.  But I was the one that had to put it in his eye everyday.  He is developing eye cataracts, which means he will probably go blind.  :(  But, I love him.  I love my bunnies.  Even though they are old and had previous owners and had bad habits before they came here (well, Beauty is a saint- but Cooper...bad boy), they are my babies.  And adding an addition would only make me feel better.

I emailed the shelter for more information and to see if Mr. O'Reilley is still there, and we are waiting to hear back.  I'm kinda crossing my fingers because I know that with as chill as my rabbits are, they'd welcome a new bunny.  They had never seen each other before I got them, but they bonded instantly.  So, we'll see what happens.  I'm off to bed for now.  :)  Happy weekend!!

5 ghetto sass:

Karilynnlove said...

Bunnies are so cute!! When I can afford I want to get one! Or two! Or Three!! lol
As of right now, I'm a cat person, but I've also rescued and raised two squirrels!
Good luck with the new addition! And the new job!

Lisa said...

Yayyyy I'm so glad you liked the award :) And congrats on the resume response! That is a great feeling!

Tina Lynn said...

I just got a kitten not too long ago. He is a tuxedo cat that a co-worker had rescued from a garbage bin at her apartment complex. They had rescued three kittens, but her roommate said that she could only keep two. So, I took the third. I couldn't stand the thought of him ending up in a shelter.

Susan R. Mills said...

Congrats on the award and good luck with getting the bunny.

Amy said...

I WANT A BUNNY! And it's all your fault :]