BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Dreaming In Color

I love it when I wake up from a dream I had and have a great story idea.

Then again, I hate waking up from the dream when it was SO GOOD!  Ugh.  It makes me sad to go back to my dreary same-stuff-different-day life!

Chris and I decided to stay up til after three this morning, watching Storm Chasers.  Great show, although I'm definitely not a fan of tornadoes.  Anyway, in my dream, I was in the middle of a storm, and this guy (5'10ish, dark blonde wavy hair, great build, amazing eyes) rescues me from being taken away.  I swept up, and brought back to this really old stone house: moss all over the sides, roof seems to be sagging a bit, has a a front yard with a stone path and white marble fountain (so many details, I know!).  He tells me I'll be safe there, and he disappears.

I fall asleep, and the storm doesn't let up.  When I wake up, I find that I'm all alone.  Until this pale, dark-haired stony faced man shows up in the evening, asking me who I am, and what I'm doing there.  I'm not sure, and I'm afraid because he looks terrifying.  He doesn't smile, his eyes are cold.  The man from the night before shows up just after he starts interrogating me and tells the dark-haired guy to leave me alone, that I was caught in the storm and he brought me there.

I'm not QUITE sure how it brings me to find out the next information, but I suddenly know that they are vampires.

Oh goody, VAMPIRES!  I love vampires.

So, the blonde vampire and I (I wish I remembered the name we used- I'll call him Slade) end up being close.  There is a war, between the "Higher Vampire" and some good vampires, and I'm suddenly caught in it because I am human, and the Higher doesn't like that I know so many things.  Slade does his best to protect me, and it is hard, because the Higher Vampire can be in sunlight because he become immune to it, but Slade cannot because he is only one hundred years old.

At the end of the dream, I get this letter from Slade, telling me that he has to leave, and that I should find some place far from the house to live because it is no longer safe for me.  He wants me gone by nightfall, and I leave. 

Of course because it's a dream, about a million other things happen after I receive this note.  For some reason I move to Florida, but I forget to bring shoes, so I'm running around in platform heels, I'm staying with a guy I'm in love with, his dad was in the band Phish but he died (I've never even HEARD Phish before), etc. 

But I woke up wanting to WRITE!  Which is great, because I have been in a dead spell for the last week or so.  I guess I know what I'm doing today, inbetween submitting my resume to potential employers!

4 ghetto sass:

Stephanie Faris said...

That's great! Especially since Stephenie Meyer's smash idea came from a dream.

I'm just in awe that you can stay up til 3 a.m. without nodding off. I'd be asleep by 11 and my boyfreind would be watching Storm Chasers alone!

Roni Loren said...

I love when I get ideas from dreams. Of course, half the time I forget my brilliant ideas right as I roll over to write them down.

Dawn said...

I love using dreams for inspiration; they provide so much information and background and storytelling and...sigh. They are so vividly detailed.

Susan R. Mills said...

Dreams are great for story ideas! Sometimes they need tweeking, but they usually are worth writing about! Good luck with your writing today.