BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Slap in the Face

Drama.  What a huge part of adolescent life.  Believe me, I caused my share of it, and was a part of the drama I didn't even know a thing about.  At some point, we all grow up and become adults, and drama takes a backseat.  Right?

WRONG.

It seems to me that my generation cannot STOP with the drama.  Every five minutes there are asses that are going to get beat, a bitch that will get slapped, someone that will get their's.  I live 2,000 miles from everything I grew up around in Michigan.  I moved to Phoenix, albeit against my will, and forced myself to get on with life.  I didn't want to think about the past I had back in Traverse City.  A lot of it dragged me to the lowest points in my life.  I left it behind, though.  Or so I thought.

It seems that some people can't get past drama.  They will do or say ANYTHING to see what the reaction of other people is, no matter how old they are.  I've had a few of my own friends admit they like watching drama but not being a part of it, because it's entertaining.  FIND A HOBBY.  This is why I choose to stay away from and out of most of my friend's and family's business.  I'd rather not choose sides or be a part of something I wasn't included in to begin with.

What do you do, though, when a supposedly "close" family member does something, after you specifically ask them not to?  What do you do when two months down the road you find out they lied about it, and now it isn't bothering them, but it is bothering you and causing drama in your life?  My family member has no idea I know the truth about this particular situation now.  I'm sure she figured I'd never find out.  However, does that make it right?  This person was also the same person that claimed she liked to watch drama but not be a part of it.  I don't want to backtrack five years (this blog is strictly a non-personal outlet for creativity and everyday thoughts), so this is why I'm trying to understand.

What is it about causing drama that attracts normally decent people?  Why does it create heartless and thoughtless monsters, causing them to do things that hurt people close to them? 

6 ghetto sass:

Stephanie Faris said...

I used to blog on MySpace before coming here...believe me, I've seen my fair share of drama. It amazed me the things GROWN people would do for attention.

Dawn said...

Traverse City, really? Wow. My old boss (and favorite, I might add) was from around that area. He LOVED Michigan, and he and his wife would love to go back.

Anonymous said...

I am pretty sure there is no such thing as a "drama free" world. That being said I just take the good with the bad anymore. Everyone that is human is guilty of both creating drama and being sucked into it, whether it was for entertainment value or not. I think that when you love people you unconsciously want to see them react in different situations. I have been on both sides and I will say that as long as at the end of the day you surround yourself with more positive than negative you will enjoy life. I think that with age drama fades, but it will always be there, lingering, doing its necessary damage. I really do think you are an intelligent person and you are tested in life more than others, though it may seem unfair, it is also a gift. You grow from both good and bad experiences. I love you juju. Keep up the good work on this blog. I will be happy to read on. Oh and thanks for the comments =] I will get you some scrapbook stuff sometime. Send it to you. xo

sarah said...

great post! seriously tho, i never understood why people don't stop with the drama.

hugs to you,
sarah.

Unknown said...

I really beleive the people that cause the drama are the people with no life of their own. Actually I know this because I'm so busy with work, my family and son that I don't have time to call a good friend for 5 minutes on a good day, must less the time to start some school girl drama.

Nicolette said...

Steph- boy oh boy am I GLAD I have taken a permanent hiatus from MySpace blogging. I was never a popular blogger like you, but just reading some of the things ppl posted on your blogs made me wanna jump. Most of those people claim to be GROWN adults, too. SICK!

Dawn- YEP! Born and raised. Actually, not IN Traverse City, but in the county, a few miles out. :) It is GORGEOUS up there from April til October. LOVE it!

Beth- Aw I effing miss you. :( When we were together alone, we NEVER had drama and always had fun! Only when other people joined us did we have drama. I hope we can do it all over again next summer. :)

Sarah- thanks! I try to adapt my blogs to real situations that everyone gets in, not just me. And, STOP THE DRAMA! Nuff said.

Cathy- thanks for reading and following! Girls do cause the majority of drama. But have you noticed it usually has to do with a 'guy' that's involved? Ridiculous! My life basically consists of my boyfriend, rabbits, part time work, and this blog. And I still don't have time to start drama, even if my life is boring most of the time. SILLY!