BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Someone Deserving

It occured to me a few minutes ago that maybe, just maybe, I should extend my award to more than just certain numbered followers.  The only reason I really pay attention to that number is because I'm curious as to how many of those followers actually read my blog.  Let's face it- we may "follow" fifty blogs, but does everyone have time to read every blog each of them writes?  Probably not.

I usually read blogs for about two hours a day, right after I wake up, to get my mind going.  I'm one of those people that takes forever to wake up.  If I immediately stand up I am likely to stumble all over the place and possibly fall.  Chris is constantly asking me if I'm drunk because of this.  Sometimes I'll get up in the middle of the night, and he'll still be playing video games, and I run into the walls on my way down the hall.  He always yells out, "Babe, are you okay?"  I can't even speak because my brain just isn't there.  It takes about half an hour for my mouth to start forming words, because for some reason, my brain can't remember how to do it.  So, I solve this by reading first thing in the morning.  Sometimes, though, I already have twenty new posts to read.  If I'm lucky, I'll be able to read most of them.  If I'm not, I'll admit I'll skip through to the ones I read religiously. 

Yes, I have blogs that I read everyday.  I'll bet you do, too.  I follow some blogs because they offer creative arts and crafts ideas when I am bored.  I don't read them everyday.  Or the recipe ones.  If I need a good idea, I'll read those particular blogs.  But, going back to my award.  I am a follower of two blogs that in return follow me.  I read these two blogs first thing when I wake up, and I always comment on them.  They always interest me and always get my brain going.  And, it makes me feel special that they do follow and comment my blogs, as well.  I've decided to give these two blogs my award, because they live with their head in the clouds, too.  Whether they dream about the perfect marriage proposal, or perhaps the ultimate book publishing deal, they are always realistic yet entertaining and are basically the java my brain needs in the morning.  Who are these two fantastic bloggers, you ask?  Well, they just happen to be...*drumroll*

Stephanie @ Steph in the City and Susan @ A Walk in My Shoes!  *Applause*

I've been following Stephanie since we were both on MySpace.  I didn't follow many blogs on there because I could rarely find any that weren't completely dramatic or ridiculous, but I found her on a whim last May and have been following ever since.  She moved over here and I bookmarked her blog, then eventually joined the Blogger community with my own blog.  I haven't regretted it.  She always blogs about topics that interest nearly everyone and is an amazing follower, as well.  Thanks, Steph!

I found Susan soon after I joined blogger, as well.  I started reading blogs that dealt with the hardships of writing the perfect novel and being published, and her blog was one of the first to catch my attention and keep it.  She gives awesome advice about the trials of writing novels and finding the perfect agent to handle finished pieces.  I love how she connects shoes and writing (two of my favorites) to convey important aspects of the writing process.  I always look forward to reading her take on the art of writing and the crises that arise during the journey to being published.  Thanks, Susan!




The Rules of Having Your Head Up Here:
#1. Say thanks.
#2. Post it on your blog only if you want to.
#3. Once you have accepted, you are now my blog slave for eternity, MWAHAHAHA! and you will do as I say (or as my bunnies say).
#4. Really, just suggest a good blog for me to follow and read. I'm down for that.
#5. Keep on bloggin'.
 
I'll probably be back to post something else later in the day.  So I'll see you guys then!

7 ghetto sass:

Anonymous said...

YAY!!!! These are two of my favorites too!!! Well deserved! They are awesome individuals who have made my blog life very happy. P.S. I read your blog girl. It is hard to follow them all. My deal as of late has been that I would read them while at work alot and now they are cutting down on usage of the net so ya know. When I go home it is hard to get everything in so I feel like I have been slacking. But yours in one of the ones in the mix. So ya know. Also, where is Cooper girl? I miss him! :o)

Roxane said...

I have such a tough time being a good "follower" to all my blogs. I'm totally digging that my song is on right now :) I was named after it!

Karilynnlove said...

These two are also my favorites!
And yes I am guilty of skipping to my favs! lol
Along with these two, I definitely read every post yours and a few others!

Susan R. Mills said...

Thank you!!!!!! You just made my day (or night as it is). I'm glad we met here in blogville. You have some honest posts that I like to read. And not to mention awesome music playing while I read. Again thank you. It means a lot to me.

Susan R. Mills said...

Oh, yeah, I'll think of a good blog for you to follow and get back to you. And I will absolutely post the award on my blog.

Roni Loren said...

Great choices! I read those daily as well. I like that you created your own award. :)

Anonymous said...

Lovely sharp post. Never thought that it was this easy. Extolment to you!.