BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, September 17, 2009

Future Planning

Let me start this by saying one thing:

I love my boyfriend with all of my heart.  We work great together, we love each other, we respect each other, and rarely have any REAL problems to speak of.  So whatever I may say in this has been my matter of opinion most of my life but it doesn't mean I can't change that eventually.

Anyway.  So, I subscribed to a new blog today and her latest post is about her dream wedding.  I used to want to get married when I was with my ex.  I actually had it all planned, because he did propose to me.  I wanted to have a very standard wedding.  In a church, pink and yellow roses, white dress, black tux, close friends and family, end of story.  After that didn't work out I turned my back on marriage altogether and decided I will never marry.  It still holds true right now.  Maybe eventually I will change my mind.  However, my belief is why ruin something that is so great by signing a piece of paper that only matters legally but not emotionally?

Now that I've stated all that, I will admit this: I love wedding planning in itself.  One of my favorite shows is on WEtv and it's called Amazing Wedding cakes.  I could watch it all day long.  Some of the cakes are so fabulous.  I've decided on two different themes I would go with if I ever got married and I really don't even desire the marriage itself, just the showcase!  I don't really like looking at dresses, though.  I'm not much of a dress girl.  I don't even wear skirts anymore.  The cake, the colors, the flowers, the setting, and the food though- I'm ready to start planning.

There are two themes I would go with: a beach theme (most likely), or black and red.  I'm pretty outgoing and love crazy ideas so they might be off the wall, but this day is supposed to be all about ME, right?  :)

RED and BLACK
The red and black theme is really something I would only go with if I could afford all of the trimmings.  It would be elegant and formal, and a winter wedding.  Which just isn't in the books because I hate winter, and I would be getting married in Michigan, which means a lot of snow and too much trouble.  Therefore, it really is just an idea of something that would be nice.  
BEACH theme
This is probably what I would really choose, because I love the beach and it would be simple and classy.  Everyone could wear their nicest beach wear and it would be great.  I can just see guys in some black and white shorts and a black jacket!  I would wear a simple, short white dress. 
The only reason I feel the need to get married now is just to plan and buy all the neat stuff!  :)  Maybe I should become a wedding planner...I would probably be good at it. 
For all you girls out there that aren't married yet, what would your dream wedding be like?

6 ghetto sass:

Susan R. Mills said...

You should look into becoming a wedding planner. I bet you'd be really good at it.

Anonymous said...

You know, I actually want to run away and get married on a beach! So, I heart the beach theme. I don't really want to traditional wedding ceremony though. Just me, my love, the pastor, the sand, and the waves. Later, after the honeymoon, I would like to come back and have a big party in which we would celebrate with our friends and family. I am waiting for the dream guy as of right now, but I am hoping that he will agree with my dream wedding. :o)

Dawn said...

I am actually not one of those girls who has been planning her wedding since she was seven. I have never looked at dresses; I have never looked at rings. I DO want to get married; but I don't want to plan things out. I figure my mind will consistently change, and I'm sure that whoever I'M dating will have some opinions as to how he wants the wedding to be. After all, it is a UNION--joint efforts are nice. :) I guess the one thing I'm interested in, though, is more of a non-traditional dress. Something with more pizzazz, more sparkle. More like a glam dress than a wedding dress.

Amy said...

I'm totally doing a beach themed wedding. The beach is just so beautiful...it's perfect! I love that starfish cake. That's absolutely adorable.

I have a dress style picked out and my main wedding colors are most likely gonna be aqua blue and brown. I've been planning out my wedding for five years now, and none of the plans have changed! :]

Alexis Voltaire said...

I'm way too tired to go into details right now (maybe I'll post a blog about my dream wedding too), but I'm the kind of girl that wants a blow out wedding. Tons of people, but I won't invite people just to have people there. Definitely lots of friends that are actually true friends, family that matters, business partners that are practically friends/family, people like that.

Everything has to be long, elegant, and gorgeous. I could never do a beach wedding, but a lot of that probably has to do with me living in Florida and seeing the beach every damn day, lol. My wedding will definitely be in some kind of hotel banquet room like the Plaza or a really nice Hilton.

Ironically though I'm really not the kind of girl that spends money on things I don't need. While I want it to be fancy and beautiful, I'm not going to be paying $100 for a white thong to go with my dress that I'm only going to wear one day. (Why do some women DO that?? Save the money for the honey moon!) Also, THOUSANDS of dollars for flowers? NO thank you!!


Phew I did kind of write a lot.. lol

Anonymous said...

I love your ideas. I want to be a wedding planner in the summers when I am a teacher someday. Love ya