BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, September 17, 2009

Talking Smack

IT'S GROUP BLOG THURSDAY!  YAY!  (Brought to us by Stephanie)

Unfortunately I'm getting a late start because I had to work this morning.  And I don't have the luxury of using a computer during work.  Which, believe me, would be happening if I had the chance. 

This week's Group Blog is about...dun dun dun...blogging about your husband/significant other and whether or not he likes it.  Well, I'll tell you this much- he is always suspicious.  He always tries to peak around my shoulder and see what I'm writing, and I don't like it.

I am one of those sorts that doesn't like her work to be read before she's finished.  I am also that person that sits in bed with her laptop in front of her while her boyfriend watches TV next to her.  He has snooping eyes, because he is always curious about what I'm saying.  I will say this, though: he doesn't care if it's about him, he's more worried about the OTHER guys I'm blogging about.

Yep.  For some reason he thinks I have a whole shroud of other guys in my life, despite the fact that we A) live together and B) I do not know any other guys in this city.  I am not sure where this idea came from but sometimes it really irks me.  He's not really a jealous person, either, which is the weird part.  Maybe it's because I have lots of guy friends back home (they are really JUST friends and ONLY friends, though) that he doesn't know.  He's never met my friends or family since they all live in Michigan and we live in Phoenix.  If he would just wait until I'm done writing whatever I'm writing, I'd let him read it, but usually if I tell him to stop reading over my shoulder he gets huffy-puffy and says, "Whatever, I'm going to bed."  Typical male.

I don't really write about him, though.  I mention an occasional story about something that happens or what we're doing but I tend to keep my current relationships between...well, just us, because I don't like starting drama.  Now, if I had more to say about my relationship with him, he would probably be interested in reading about it, but I'm sure he would take everything I say the wrong way.  He's quick to jump to conclusions.  So it's probably a good thing I don't write much about him.  We've been together a year this month (wow) but he's had some past girlfriends that really did him in.  After a year I'd think he would be able to trust me, since I obviously am not going to do anything to hurt him or ruin our relationship, but he's still young.  Younger than I am.  He's still in his training years.  So I have some time to work on him.  (ha ha)

I guess if I sent him the link to my blog I could see what he says.  He used to read my MySpace blog occasionally but he never seemed that interested.  He doesn't like reading much.  I'm sure he would never say anything unless he got a wrong message from it.

So, yay for Group Blog Thursdays but mine was really dull!  lol.  Hope everyone is having a good afternoon.

9 ghetto sass:

Anonymous said...

So, I got to go through you blog some more and I really like it. I want to sit down and read though some of your prior post. They seem really interesting. I did get to read a little through the one about losing your religion and I have had my share of depression so I can really relate. I used to blog about it more in prior post. Anyhow, this blog is cool. I also, really am loving this layout.

I know that this really had nothing to do with the post, but I just wanted to show ya some love! :o) Take care!

Roni Loren said...

When he's reading over your shoulder, you should totally start typing about some fictional affair. That will show him, lol.

I don't blog much about my personal life outside of writing, so I don't have to worry about this situation.

Nicolette said...

Hey Girl! :) Thanks for all the kudos...groooovy. When I get a spare ten minutes I'm gonna go back and check out all your blogs, too. We all have our rough spots but really, I'm glad to have a supportive place to write about it and get meaningful feedback.

And yeah, I just might have to go ahead and write something about the hot stud at work that asked me out and how we have plans to meet up on one of my days off when my beef is at work.

I'm sure he would get the point. SHEESH! lol. :D

Amy said...

Your man definitely sounds like a typical male haha. My BF is never that suspicious when it comes to my blog, but he tends get jealous when I'm around other guys and is very protective of me, which is a good thing, like 40% of the time. The other 60% of the time it's annoying.

Sounds like it's a good thing you don't talk too much about him if he might take things the wrong way. Not worth writing certain things if it's gonna hurt your relationship. Creating drama between you two because of a blog post = sucky.

PS. your post wasn't dull. I always enjoy what you write! And sorry I type so much haha. :]

Dawn said...

I don't like my work to be read, either! I hate it when A. (or anyone else for that matter) tries to sneak a peek at things. It has to be absolutely PERFECT before I let anyone else read it.

The big difference between you and I is that I do write about A. sometimes, and I enjoy it (though I will always remain a little nervous when I do)! He also takes time to read every entry of mine, which I really appreciate.

I know he loves to hear my inner thoughts about him, and him taking the time to read my posts just shows me that he cares. :)

Nicolette said...

It's all good Amy! The longer the better. I like reading comments. I try to make mine short so I don't take over other people's blogs but I like to write a lot, too. lol.

Chris (my man) is really, really a great guy. He's not jealous and he does trust me; I think he just likes to know everything that is going on with me and what I'm writing about...I kinda clam up sometimes because I feel like he might not want to hear about it, but he does. There probably wouldn't be REAL drama but you know...can't be too careful and really, nothing exciting happens around our house except for the occasional bunny chase at night. :)

Alexis Voltaire said...

What is "group blog"? I want to join... haha. If it's even something to join.

Nicolette said...

Just visit Stephanie's page (click her name in the Talking Smack blog) and follow her. She does group blogs every Thursday! We all blog on the same topic and it's fun. :)

And Dawn, you're very lucky if A. pays attention to you that much. :) Having a boyfriend that is involved in your writing as much as you are is a great thing. I need to smack mine around some more to get him involved lol!

AngeliStarr said...

I love the fact that you said he still in his training years lmao funniest thing ive read all day.
=)