BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Patrick, You'll Always Be My Dirty Dancer

I'm not sure what it is about me, but I don't really fit into my generation that well.  I should have been born five years earlier, that way I could connect with people my age.  Instead I was born in the mid-80's, when all of my favorite movies, music, and fads were big.  I already lost Michael Jackson, and yesterday, I lost Patrick Swayze.

Although my all-time favorite movie is "The Lost Boys", I can say "Dirty Dancing" comes in a very close second.  When I was little my mom was in love with Johnny, and it rubbed off on me.  I memorized the movie from beginning to end.  I still know it.  I own three different editions of it.  Is that pathetic?

The movies "Ghost" and "Thee Outsiders" are in my top twenty, at least.  I loved "Roadhouse", if only because he looks so sexy fighting.  He was very talented: a great actor, amazing dancer, and even had a sexy voice (if you've ever seen "Dirty Dancing" you should know he sings the song She's Like The Wind on the soundtrack).  I can't believe he is gone at such a young age.  He was one of those actors you never heard gossip about, and it's not hard to believe he was a good man.

Today, I am going to listen to my Dirty Dancing Soundtrack and watch the movie, in remembrance of this stud.  Join me in celebrating his great arms and nice butt, won't you?

RIP Patrick.

4 ghetto sass:

Susan R. Mills said...

He will be missed. I loved all of his movies, too.

Stephanie Faris said...

I was a teenager in the mid-80s, and it really was a cool time to grow up. Although I'm not sure we realized at that time that it was special...we just figured it was that way for every generation. Looking back, though, as cheesy as the 80s was, some of the best movies and music came out during that time. Okay, CHEESY great music, but it was a happier time, I think, entertainment-wise. And Dirty Dancing, another cheesy movie, is something you can't help but feel cheered up while you're watching. It came out the summer after my senior year of h.s. and I was working at a movie theater, so it was in my face more than it would have been otherwise, since we were showing the movie. I remember when it sneak previewed -- they invited Cynthia Rhodes (the woman who got the abortion) because she's a Nashvillian and a lot of people around here knew her at that time. She didn't come...she had big things going on at that time. She ended up marrying Richard Marx and settling down in California, I guess.

Roni Loren said...

I blogged about this too. Patrick Swayze and Dirty Dancing are credited with my love of romance. It's my favorite movie. (I love Lost Boys too btw). He will be missed.

sarah said...

i was so sad when i read that he passed. :(

and yeah i was listening to my dirty dancing cd yesterday.

RIP patrick swayze.

hope you have a great day!

hugs,
sarah.