BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, October 3, 2009

The Softball Game: Do or Die

Lately my posts have been focusing more on my personal life than I originally planned for this blog.  I really wanted to discuss things like, where to go for great Mexican food, why living with a guy has its ups and downs, and how much I hate the city.  Tonight I'm getting ready to go to Chris's softball game, and I'm a little on edge about it, so again I'm getting personal.  It's a little different though.

As I mentioned in the last few blogs, Chris has made friends that I'm not particularly okay with, but I haven't told him who he can and can't hang out with, because, that's just not me.  They are going to be showing up at his softball game.  Not only that, but we will be riding with them.  This will be the deciding factor in whether or not I will be okay with his friendship with them. 

So far, J has been okay with me.  She's friendly, she doesn't text Chris or call him a whole lot, and she doesn't overstay her welcome (most of the time).  The thing with being friends with someone (especially a guy) that is in a serious relationship is that you have to be friends with the other half, too, otherwise it's not going to work out and probably cause problems.  Chris has dropped most of his single life friends, because they still insist on getting shitty-face drunk and getting into trouble every weekend.  Chris was like them, at one point, I suppose.  When we first met, it was at work, and I was on a three month streak of being sober for the benefit of my mental health.  He was fine with that, and still wanted to hang out and talk to me.  Which I thought was cool of him.

Anyhow, about two months into seeing each other, his old roommate came home to their apartment, completely drunk, and slobbering and stumbling, and decided to pick a fight with me, of all people.  The thing with me is, if you can't speak coherently or at least make some sense, I will just stare at you.  Chris and I had been happily enjoying our night with our old friend Bill, and Bill loved me.  He thought I was funny and we even hung out sometimes when Chris was still at work.  Bill moved, sadly, a couple months ago, and we haven't been able to replace him.  Anyhow, roommate called me the C word.  Yes, the deadly C word.  Chris didn't hear him, but Bill did, and he was close to punching him.  And I just stood up, went to Chris's room, and let them continue their party.  Chris soon joined me because he realized his roommate was being a jerk.  I told him about it, but Chris wouldn't do anything because his roommate was just like that, and it was the only place Chris had to stay.  I understood.  He wasn't on the lease, so drunken slob roommate got away with everything but murder while I was around.  Finally, though, I stood up for Chris, and it was the end of that.

Everyone thought Chris was whipped, as guys refer to it.  A lot of guys catch shit for being whipped by a girl, and that's kind of sad.  Just because a guy respects and prefers to make his girlfriend happy does not mean he is whipped.  I know the difference between being controled and just being respectful, and I definitely do not and will not ever control Chris.  But, his friends bailed.  And guess what?  Most of them have been in trouble with the law and put in jail in the last year, and guess where Chris is?  Living comfortably (even if a little broke) in a two bedroom with me and has a pretty stable life.  How many 20 year olds can say that?  Even better, he has a girlfriend that loves him and wants the best for him, not just what she wants.  I don't tell Chris what to do, even when I know he is wrong.  He does make mistakes, and sometimes that really hurts me in the process, but we've gotten through it. 

ANYWAY, off track, Chris has chosen this life over being a single party guy and I'm letting him make his own decisions.  But I won't let other girls into the picture that just want to drag him out at all hours of the night and try to make him become something he's not.  If he chooses to ignore my wishes, I guess I know it really is done between us, however, so far he hasn't made that choice, except once this past Thursday (and he has paid the price because I won't let him live it down and I also have really gotten my way the past few days, haha).  These girls are 20 years old, they live together, they party all the time with a bunch of guys and they even look like trouble.  I'm not down with that.  Even when I was 20 I had no desire to wreck my life.  Seems like these girls down care.  Tonight I'm going to be a nice person, though, and talk to them, and try to be their friend.  Like I've said to a couple of friends of Chris's- any friend of his is a friend of mine.  That's usually when the girls bolt.  Like, the girl he was talking to on MySpace that he went to school with- I guess she wrote him and said, "Get at me when you're single, I don't do girlfriends."  ...Yeah, I can see she's a real  friend, Chris.  Good Lord.

I have fun at softball games usually, even when I'm sitting by myself, so I'm kinda hoping these girls are cool so I have more fun, but I'm not getting my hopes up.  Chris got a text earlier while he was playing a video game and asked me to answer it.  It was D (girl he was texting last weekend) and she asked, "Where is the game at hun."  ...I answered her question, but I did it in my own way (hahahaha).  "It's west of Cholla and 19th Ave.  He says if you just pick him up he'll give you directions."  HAHAHAHA!  She then called a few minutes later and was like, "Um, who was that?"  And Chris said, "My girlfriend."  That made me do this: -------> :D  Who do you think it was, seriously?  Gimme a break.  And yes, I'm going to the game. 

So, there are my plans for tonight.  We'll see if it works out.  I'm really hoping they don't turn out to be complete snobs.  Sometimes even I can seem like a snob when I don't know what to say.  The only time that happens, though, is when people make me uncomfortable, then I get quiet.  I think most people can agree with that, though.  It's hard to start a conversation when you don't feel right.  If it doesn't feel right, I'll just tell Chris that I get a bad vibe (even if it is only from D) and that I don't really want her hanging around us.  He should respect that, because I'm not a bad judge of character.  After all, I like all you, right?  :D

Okay, I'm done.  I don't even know if I finished my whole point or not, but I'll figure it out later lol.  Have a good night everyone!

3 ghetto sass:

Kell said...

I agree with the being whipped part- I hate it when people say that about my boyfriend! Luckily a lot of his friends even urge him to do nicer things for him. One time he didn't open the door for me and his friend reminded him to do that for me. Don't get me wrong, I can open my own door, but I think it's very sweet when he does it for me. :)

And I can seem like a snob a lot of the time, because I'm a generally shy person. I don't talk very much and I guess that gives people the wrong idea. I'm trying to change that though, because I'm definitely not a snob! :)

Susan R. Mills said...

Hope all goes well. You have a great night, too.

Tina Lynn said...

Have fun, GMG! That's all that matters.